Cat Clips: A Competition in Cuteness!
Cinema St. Louis (CSL) and Animal House Cat Rescue & Adoption Center are excited to announce the first edition of Cat Clips: A Competition in Cuteness!, a new signature short-film contest and fundraising event.
Selected clips will be screened on Wednesday, April 4, at Urban Chestnut Brewing Company in the Grove, 4465 Manchester Ave. The clips will be judged and top prize winners will be announced and awarded at the screening.
All proceeds will help support the "Help Us Heal" medical fund at Animal House.
Awards & Prizes
All submitted videos will be viewed by a jury, and the selected clips will be screened at the event. A separate judging panel will award a cash prize of $250 to the top clip of the evening and various prizes to second- and third-place clips.
The judging panel will be announced on Animal House's website: www.stlcats.org.
Rules & Terms
Those interested in participating must submit clips that meet the following criteria:
- Clips must run a maximum of 120 seconds, including any credits (no minimum running time).
- Clips must contain no profane language or offensive imagery. If CSL and Animal House deem a work inappropriate for viewing by audiences of all ages, it will be eliminated from consideration.
- Clips can use all conceivable approaches,including experimental and narrative, and can be shot in any film or video format, in either color or black-and-white.
- Clips must have a production date no earlier than 2011.
In addition, the following conditions apply:
- Clip must be an authentic, original works created by the videographer.
- Videographer must have secured rights to any music, words, or images used in the work.
- Videographer will retain ownership rights to submitted works, but by submitting a clip to the competition, the owner grants Animal House the right to screen the work and use it for future Animal House purposes. Submission of a clip does not guarantee its use.
- All films must be submitted using FilmFreeway with a secure online screener link. An entry fee of $10 is required. All proceeds will help support the "Help Us Heal" medical fund at Animal House. Submission deadline is Feb. 28, 2018.