Motion Pictures' Biggest Night Watch Party
If you can’t be on the red carpet in Hollywood on Feb. 26, join Cinema St. Louis at .ZACK to celebrate Motion Pictures’ Biggest Night! Local film buffs can catch all the action from the red carpet and inside the Dolby Theatre® in Hollywood on the big screen inside Grand Center's newest theater.
This annual watch party benefits Cinema St. Louis’ year-round film programming.
Statuettes will be awarded. Fun will be had.
.ZACK is located in Grand Center (just four short blocks east of Grand) at 3224 Locust St., St. Louis, MO 63103.
This year’s events will have more than a few things for us to cheer about:
St. Louis native Michael Beugg served as the executive producer of “La La Land” which received a record-tying 14 Oscar® nominations. (St. Louis University High, in case you are wondering). Beugg served as the jury head for the New Filmmakers Forum at the 25th Annual St. Louis International Film Festival (SLIFF). That’s right, the guy you chatted up in the lobby of the Hi-Pointe Backlot last November just may have been the executive producer of the one of the most acclaimed films of the year.
Webster University graduate Kimberly Steward produced “Manchester by the Sea” and is the second African American woman, after Oprah, to earn an Oscar® nomination as a producer. We’re confident this isn’t the only glass ceiling Steward will crash through.
St. Louis has already been a stop on her awards tour. She accepted the Women in Film award from Cinema St. Louis at the screening of the film at SLIFF.
Nominated for Best Animated Short, “Borrowed Time” earned the Best Animated Short at the 2015 SLIFF juried competition, thus qualifying for Oscar® consideration.
- Door opens at 6 p.m., awards broadcast begins at 7:30 p.m.
- Theater-style seating, plus relaxing lounge space
- 2 complimentary drink tickets for signature cocktail
- Appetizers & food throughout the evening, you will not leave hungry
- Red carpet Souvenir photos
- Fun and games throughout the evening and attendance prizes
- Pre-Show entertainment
- Live and silent auction throughout the evening
- Free street and lot parking
- Creative red carpet attire is encouraged.
- St. Louis actor, Steve Isom, will be serving as our MC