QFest St. Louis uses the art of contemporary gay cinema to spotlight the lives of LGBTQ people and to celebrate queer culture. The event will excite, entertain, and enlighten audiences of all identities.
This year marks the 14th anniversary of QFest. The fest, which largely features films that would not otherwise screen in St. Louis, is presented by Cinema St. Louis (CSL), organizers of the St. Louis International Film Festival. This year’s QFest features 24 films from eight countries (Czech Republic, France, Greece, Japan, India, Israel, South Korea, and U.S.), including six narrative features, four documentary features, 12 narrative shorts, and two documentary shorts.
Because of the Covid-19 health crisis, QFest will again be presented virtually in 2021. CSL is partnering with Eventive, which also handles our ticketing, to present the virtual festival.
- Virtual Festival Basics
- This How to Fest section provides brief instructional videos for signing up with our virtual-festival partner, Eventive, and buying tickets and passes. The videos reference the 2020 SLIFF, but the simple step-by-step instructions remain the same.
- The same How to Fest section gives information on how to play films on a TV (through HDMI, casting/airplay, or apps).
- Eventive's Help FAQ provides full information on other aspects of the virtual festival, including system requirements.
- QFest’s complete lineup of films and shorts programs will be available to view on demand anytime from April 16-25.
- Access to programs is limited to Missouri and Illinois.
- Once a ticket-holder begins watching a program, access to it remains available for 48 hours.
- Recorded Q&As with filmmakers will accompany many of the programs.
Individual tickets are $14 for general admission, $12 for Cinema St. Louis members and students with valid and current photo IDs. To obtain a student discount code, contact Brian Spath (firstname.lastname@example.org) and provide an image of a currently valid student ID.
- Five-Film Passes are available for $60, $50 for CSL members.
- All-Access Passes are available for $115, $95 for CSL members.
Click here to purchase passes.
Passes offer great value: A Five-Film Pass represents a savings of $10, and an All-Access Pass provides a $25 discount on the 10 paid film programs.
- Free Screenings
Both shorts programs are offered for free. If you’d like to “Gay It Forward,” helping ensure that CSL can continue to offer free screenings during QFest in the future, you’ll have the option of making a contribution when ordering tickets for the free screenings.
CSL will gratefully accept contributions of any size to help with the challenges posed by the Covid-19 pandemic. Click here for ways to support the organization.
More Info: 314-289-4152, cinemastlouis.org