With a contribution from your will or trust, you can give a percentage of your estate, so that your contribution will remain proportionate to the size of your estate, or you can give a certain amount of cash, securities or property.
Either way, your contribution allows you to retain full control of your assets now, while ensuring that Cinema St. Louis will continue to play a producing role in the ability for filmmakers of all ages to share their personal stories through film.
Steps to making a contribution
- Determine whether you’d like to make a contribution of a specific amount or leave a percentage of your estate, and whether you would like to direct your contribution to a specific program or leave your contribution unrestricted, allowing it to be used for our most pressing needs.
- Take our bequest language to your estate planning attorney to include in your will or living trust.
- Contact Cinema St. Louis to inform us of your contribution so we can thank you and ensure your contribution will be fulfilled in a manner you intend.
Why should you choose a contribution from our will or trust?
A contribution from your will or living trust is:
- Easy. A few sentences in your will or living trust complete the contribution.
- Revocable. Until your will or trust goes into effect, you are free to alter your plans.
- Versatile. You can give a specific item, an amount of money, a contribution contingent upon certain events or, most common, a percentage of your estate.